Tradition and Innovation
What started out as a small village smithy in 1879, now has become an internationally active company headquartered in Mühlhausen, in the Bavarian region of Upper Palatinate, with branches in Dresden, Berlin, Borkheide, Ladbergen and Bolzano.
Our company’s success is based on our unusual customer proximity and clearly defined company goals regarding the satisfaction of our customers and the outstanding quality of our products, services and support.
Burkhardt GmbH currently employs about 330 and counting.
Our success story:
- 1879: Our company originally was a smithy in Mühlhausen (Upper Palatinate, Bavaria)
- 1978: Expansion of the fields of business Burkhardt now stands for quality and competence in the areas of sanitary, heating, ventilation and plumbing systems
- 1991: Acquisition of BNS Baumaschinen-Nutzfahrzeuge und Stahlbau (a provider of construction site equipment, utility vehicles and steel construction services) and founding of a new Burkhardt GmbH branch
- 1992: Founding of a branch office in Chemnitz
- 1993: BNS is expanded with the Radebeul site
- 1995: Construction of a new office building and material warehouse in Mühlhausen
- 1996: Integration of the site in Gröbern bei Meißen into BNS
- 1997: Burkhardt Haustechnik GmbH in Borkheide/Mittelbrandenburg commences operation as independent company
- 2000: Expansion of the office building in Mühlhausen
- 2005: Establishment of the 2nd site in Mühlhausen
- 2005: Company taps into the power engineering sector Production and development of own products such as vegetable oil CHPs and wood gasifiers
- 2010: Founding of Burkhardt Italia GmbH in Bolzano
- 2013: Ladbergen becomes a service site. Expansion of the office building in Mühlhausen. 100th wood gasifier delivered!
- 2014: Burkhardt is awarded the Bavarian Energy Award for the development of the wood gasifier
- 2015: Development of wood gasifier with 50 kW of electrical power